YPP Virtual Summer Training 2021!
July 26-29, 2021 from 10am-3pm EST
Who can attend?
YPP is offering training for high school and college students, teachers and educators, and community based organization staff who are prepared to launch and support the implementation of a local Flagway program. The Flagway program is focused primarily on minority and/or low income communities that are underrepresented in STEM.
What is being offered?
Each trainee will attend a 20 hour, 4-day training. YPP trainers, college and high school Math Literacy Workers (MLW) will lead the trainees through the Flagway Module which will cover:
- Additive & Multiplicative Reasoning
- Prime Numbers & Prime Factorization
- Venn Diagrams, Algebraic Forms, & Möbius Function Concepts
- Flagway Module, learn Algebra Project/YPP pedagogy, & YPP’s near-peer instructional model to facilitate improved social, educational, and emotional outcomes.
Is there a cost?
TRAINING Ticket Prices
- $350 per person for individuals and groups fewer than 10 people
- $250 per person for groups of 10 or more
FLAGWAY KIT (cost per kit)
- $750 Pre-assembled (structure + cut laminated cards + duffle bag)
- $500 Un-assembled (structure + laminated cards / locally cut + duffle bag)